Our workshops offer you various craft skills to support your research work. Colleagues in the glassblowing workshop and the electronics workshop are on hand to offer advice and support.
Our glass apparatus makers offer the following services to staff and students:
- Repair and manufacture of glass apparatus
- Modification work on glass apparatus
- Construction of apparatus for individual research applications
- Advice on all aspects of glass.
Processing of borosilicate and quartz glass:
- Hot processing (fusing, joining of glass tubes, rods and components)
- Cold processing (cutting, separating, grinding, drilling of glass tubes, rods, discs)
Our electrical engineer in the electronics workshop offers the following services:
- Construction of electronic parts for individual research applications
- Repair of laboratory equipment
- Advice on all aspects of electronics
- New construction or modification work for connecting cables
- Soldering work