Get in the loop of current and past group-events.
- 04/2023: We are honored to announce, that Tanja is now a member of the Saxonian Academy of Science. Check out the intoductionary video-portrait here
- 02/2023: We are proud to present our newest work on enzyme-like polyene cyclizations catalyzed by dynamic, self-assembled, supramolecular fluoro alcohol-amine clusters, which was published in Nature Communications. Check it out here
- 01/2023: We welcome Ru Zhang to our group, who will work on enzyme catalyzed halogenations during her PhD thesis. We wish you a lot of success!
- 01/2023: Our Account on how we discovered the site-selective Umpolung of ketones was published in Synlett. Read it here
- 11/2022: We welcome our newest PhD student Nicolás Rascón to our group!
- 10/2022: A bunch of new faces are around in our lab! A warm welcome to our new Master Students Jan, Josi, Lisa and Hendrik!
- 06/2022: A big shout out to Jonny. He won the 3-minutes-thesis contest. He convinced the jury with his project on electrochemical late-stage deuterations he is pursuing in his thesis within the123H RTG. Congratulations!
05/2022: Check out this new paper, analyzing enzymatic halogenations in a digital microfluidic system, which we developed in cooperation with the Belder group, here.
- 05/2022: Very are excited to share our latest publication just published in Nature Chemical Biology! Thanks to our collaborators in the Tobias Gulder lab and Catharina to make that happen. Check it out here.
- 05/2022: Congratulations Binbin to a successfully defended PhD Thesis. Lucky for us, you will continue your research in our labs for some more weeks :)
- 04/2022: Welcome back Stef! We wish you much success for your PhD thesis!
- 04/2022: We are all very sad! Our colleague Zuoyufan Yin has passed away. We will remember him as a friendly, helpful, and dedicated employee. Yufan, we are glad that we had the chance to get to know you and that you were a part of our working group!
- 03/2022: Georg successfully defended his Master thesis. We wish you success for all your future projects!
- 03/2022: We are happy that Shangze started his research work as a PostDoc with us. Good luck!
- 02/2022: Simon C. has defended his master thesis. We wish you continued success :)
12/2021: We welcome Aniruddha, who joined our group as a PostDoc to work on Photochemistry in our labs! Have a good time!
12/2021: Stefanie defended her Master Thesis with the title „Beiträge zur Totalsynthese von Napyradiomycin A1“. We are very excited that you will rejoin our group in 2022 to work on your PhD thesis.
12/2021: Time went by too quickly. Averys time with us is already over. We wish you a lot of success for your thesis and will miss you!
08/2021: Avery, who is currently doing his PhD work at Graham Murphys group at the University of Waterloo joined us for a research visit. We are happy to have.
08/2021: We are happy to welcome back Jonathan. For his PhD Thesis, he will be working on electrochemical deuterations as part of the RTG 1,2,3H.
07/2021: After a very short break, Christian is back in our labs and already started his PhD work on photocatalysis. He will be working together with PhD students from TU Munich and University Regensburg as part of the CRC 325.
07/2021: Andi very successfully defended his PhD Thesis on „Biomimetic Proton- and Halonium-Induced Cyclization Reactions“. Thank you for all your excellent work and being a valuable member of our team!
06/2021: Both Christian and Jonathan successfully defended their Master Theses. Congratulations! Luckily both of them will rejoin our group as PhD students soon.
06/2021: Georg started his Master Thesis on finding new halogenated natural products. We wish you a successful stay in our labs!
06/2021: Tanja was on the Podcast „Auf einen Kaffee mit…“ to talk about our Research, the ins and out of studying chemistry and most importantly: coffee! Check it out here on Youtube.
06/2021: Ever wondered what young chemists learn in the OCF lab course that our group offers to Bachelor students at Leipzig University? Have a look at this video (former Instagram Story, now on Youtube) which accompanies two students for one day in the lab course.
05/2021: Check out our latest work together with the Tobias Gulder group on „(Bio-)Synthesis of the Aquatic Phytotoxin Cyanobacterin – A Paradigm for Furanolide Core Structure Assembly“. Thanks for the great work Catharina and Paul!
- 05/2021: More good news! Collaborative Research Centre CRC 325 was funded by the DFG. We are extremely excited on working together with our colleagues from TU München and University Regensburg. broadly investigating „Assembly Controlled Chemical Photocatalysis“.
- 05/2021: Stefanie started her Master Thesis and will continue our work on employing halocyclization reactions for natural product synthesis. We hope you will ave fun in our labs!
- 05/2021: Tobias started his PhD Thesis and is continuing the work on peptide synthesis he successfully started in his Master Thesis. Welcome back and good luck!
- 05/2021: We are very happy to announce that the Research Training Group „Hydrogen Isotopes: 1,2,3H“, we are a part of, was funded by the DFG. Very much looking forward to being part of this interdisciplinary endeavor. Learn more here.
- 05/2021: We are proud to be a part of the Spin for Life (S4L) Initiative which will will rejuvenate the former Central German lignite mining region and transform it into a vibrant, internationally attractive location where high-tech industry and science merge. Find out more: Homepage, Twitter.
04/2021: Julia very successfully defended her PhD Thesis on „Biomimetic Chlorocyclizations of Polyenes and their Application in the Total Synthesis of Napyradiomycin Natural Products“. Thank you Julia, for having been a valuable member of our team and for all the excellent research over the years!
- 04/2021: Our new homepage is going online. Looking good :)
- 04/2021: Tobias successfully defended his Master Thesis! Congrats on the good work!
- 03/2021: Kathrin joined our Team as a Research and Teaching Assistant. We are happy to have you and are looking forward to working together!
- 03/2021: Julia and Andi left our labs in search of new challenges :) We wish you all the best in the future!
- 02/2021: Simon C. started his Master Thesis on electrochemical fluorinations. We wish you a lot of success in the lab!
- 11/2020: Hoai-Thi successfully defended her Master Thesis on Iodane-mediated Halocyclications and will be starting her PhD Thesis continuing the same topic in December. Congratulations und good luck!
- 10/2020: Jonathan and Christian started their Master Theses developing new halogenation reactions. Welcome!
- 08/2020: Tobias started his Master Thesis on peptide synthesis. Good luck!
- 05/2020: Hoai-Thi started her Master Thesis on selective halogenation methods. Welcome!
- 04/2020: The group resumes lab work in Leipzig! Thanks to the whole group for their great help in moving our lab from TUM to Leipzig University at these challenging times.
- 03/2020: The entire group is moving from Munich to Leipzig.
- 01/2020: Tanja got appointed Chair of of Organic Chemistry at Leipzig University.
- 12/2018: Jelena started her 6-month PhD Exchange Project sponsored by the DAAD on selective halogenations of pharmacophores. Welcome and good luck!
- 11/2018: Nick started his Master Thesis on the development of new halogenation methods. Welcome and good luck!
- 10/2018: Fluorine as a Traceless Directing Group for the Regiodivergent Synthesis of Indoles and Tryptophansgot awarded with a cover page in the recent JACS issue.
- 09/2018: Binbin started his PhD Thesis on hypervalent iodane fluorinations. Welcome and good luck!
- 09/2018: Congratulations to Anna and Christoph on their latest work on using fluorine as a traceless directing group for the regio- and chemoselective synthesis of indoles and tryptophans that got just accepted in JACS for publication!
- 09/2018: Vroni and Manuel started their Master Thesis on the development of new halogenation methods. Welcome and good luck!
- 06/2018: Our paper on 'Atom-Economic Electron Donors for Photobiocatalytic Halogenations' together with the Koenig group got just accepted in ChemCatChem! Congratulations to Catharina and Antonin!
- 05/2018: Pierre started his PhD Thesis on enzymatic halogenations. Welcome!
- 04/2018: Our group can now also be found on twitter! For more news follow us !
- 04/2018: Our recent paper on biomimetic, haliranium-induced polyene cyclizations got highlighted in a JACS spotlight together with the great work by the Denmark group.
- 04/2018: Markus started his Master Thesis on enzymatic halogenations. Welcome!
- 03/2018: Simon started his Master Thesis on Fluorinations. Welcome!
- 03/2018: We got the cover page for our recent JACS paper! Please check it out. cover
- 02/2018: Our paper on Biomimetic Haliranium-induced Polyene Cyclizations got just accepted in the Journal of the American Chemical Society! Congratulations to Andi and please check out our article in JACS!
- 02/2018: Our paper on Hypervalent Fluoroiodane-triggered Synthesis of Fluoro-Azabenzoxazepines and Azaindoles has been accepted for publication in the EurJOC special issue the Past, the Present, and the Future of EurJOC honoring their 20th anniversary. Congratulations to Christoph, Anna and Gabriel!
- 01/2018: Our group got awarded a BaCaTec grant for our joint project with the group of Prof. Brad Moore at the Scripps Institute of Oceanography, La Jolla, CA on Selectivity in Bacterial Vanadium-dependent Haloperoxidases.
- 12/2017: Ayan is leaving the group for his 2nd Postdoc. Good luck, Ayan.
- 12/2017: Our review on Halogenation and Halocyclization of Alkenes got published in Science of Synthesis: Catalytic Oxidation in Organic Synthesis. Congratulations to Anna for that great review!
- 11/2017: Tanja accepted the offer for the Heisenberg-Professorship in Biomimetic Catalysis at TUM.
- 11/2017: Tanja turned down the offer for a W3-Professorship in Organic Chemistry at the University of Heidelberg.
- 11/2017: Julia returned to our group starting her PhD Thesis. Welcome back!
- 11/2017: Michael sucessfully finished his Master Thesis. Congratulations! We wish him all the best for his PhD Thesis!
- 09/2017: Petra joint the group for her Master Thesis. Welcome!
- 09/2017: Julia sucessfully finished her Master Thesis. Congratulations! She will return for her PhD in November.
- 08/2017: Our biannual grill and chill event took place for the 2nd time together with the other Gulders.
- 06/2017: Anna defended sucessfully her PhD Thesis. Congratulations Dr. Andries!
- 03/2017: Michael joint the group for his Master Thesis. Welcome!
- 03/2017: Julia joint the group for her Master Thesis. Welcome!
- 01/2017: Tanja got awarded a Heisenberg Professorship for Biomimetic Catalysis by the DFG!
- 01/2017: Our group got awarded a DFG grant on Asymmetric Halogenations using Dual Catalysis
- 01/2017: Ayan joined our group as a Postdoc. Welcome!
- 01/2017: Gabriel started his PhD Thesis in our group. Welcome!
For more news, follow us on Twitter:
- Schlüsselreaktionen der organischen Synthese (4th + 5th semester Bachelor Chemie, 13-111-0351-N)
Summer Semester 2021: join the Moodle-course “Schlüsselreaktionen in der organischen Synthese SoSe2021” with the key you got by registering for the Module via Almaweb. For further questions, please contact Dr. Martin Kretzschmar.
- Moderne Aspekte der Organischen Chemie (mandatory in Master Chemie SoSe, 13-121-0325)
Summer Semester 2021: join the Moodle-course “Moderne Aspekte der Organischen Chemie SoSe2021” with the key you got by registering for the Module via Almaweb. For further questions, please contact Dr. Martin Kretzschmar.
- Chemie der Farbstoffe und Tenside (8th semester Lehramt Chemie, 13-221-0331 (GYM), 13-223-0331 (OS, SP))
Summer Semester 2021: join the Moodle-course “Vorlesung Chemie der Farbstoffe und Tenside SoSe21” with the key you got by registering for the Module via Almaweb. For further questions, please contact Dr. Kathrin Bellmann-Sickert.
- Naturstoffchemie (choice in Master Chemie WiSe, 13-121-0321)
Information will become available as soon as the Winter Semester 2021 starts. For questions, please contact Dr. Martin Kretzschmar.
- OC-Fortgeschrittenenpraktikum (Schlüsselreaktionen der organischen Synthese, 4th semester Bachelor Chemie, 13-111-0351-N)
Summer Semester 2021: join the Moodle-course “OC Fortgeschrittenenpraktikum 2021 (Bachelor Chemie)“ with the key you got after passing the OCII-exam. One course started in April, a second course will be offered in September. For further questions, please contact Dr. Martin Kretzschmar
Information about open positions in our group and whom to contact for further details.
Enthusiastic and motivated graduate students with a passion for complex molecule synthesis and synthetic methodology and a strong background in organic chemistry should feel free to contact Tanja Gulder (Email, room 166) for specific information about the program. Please arrange to have at least two letters of recommendation.
We have currently no funded positions available, but are happy to assist highly motivated and qualified prospective coworkers with scholarship applications. Please email your CV, research summary, and list of publications to Tanja Gulder (Email). Please arrange to have at least two letters of recommendation.