Welcome to Prof. Oliver Oeckler's group at the Institute for Mineralogy, Crystallography and Materials Science.
Our research topics
- Tellurides as thermoelectric and topological materials (opens in a new tab)
- High-performance and environment-friendly thermoelectric materials (opens in a new tab)
- (Oxo-)Nitridosilicates and -phosphates (opens in a new tab)
- Charge-density waves in rare-earth pnictide chalcogenides (Dr. C. Benndorf) (opens in a new tab)
- Complex structures and diffuse scattering
- Cluster compounds
Our group offers various teaching modules in the bachelor and master programs in chemistry. In the context of current research, we supervise bachelor, advanced and master theses on diverse topics in our working group.
The institute building at Scharnhorststraße 20 is located about 3 km south of the city center and can be reached by streetcar lines 10 (direction Lößnig) and 11 (direction Markkleeberg-Ost) from the main station.